Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome back, my dear readers. I write to you tonight about one of the quickest possible meals you can make as a student. Today was a frigid, rainy day and I walked home with no umbrella, soaked to the bones. The fastest thing to put on the stove is a can of Progresso soup. Well a can of any soup would be fine. It takes about 5 min. to heat on a medium setting. While it's heating you can reach for your sides. I love to eat King's Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls with the soup. You can toss in some croutons to give it a nice crunch and even a handful of lettuce on the side for a little salad.


After my soup I was craving some juice but the juice had different plans. Trying to open the bottle I ripped off some skin on my hands and reddened my palm. It was earlier this morning when I first tried to open it so I figured I must have been week from sleep. But then my roommate tried opening it, then I tried again with a knife, but the reluctant bottle cap stayed put. A tangerine had to suffice my craving.

Speaking of fruit, these are great things to carry with you to class. If you need a snack, it is so much better nutritionally and price wise than something from the vending machine. Lack of quick healthy options on campus is common (but improving) which explains the Freshmen 15. Make this prediction a myth. If you can, check out your local farmer's market for good deals.

I have also found that you can keep you dish washing sponges fresh and long-lasting if you just follow this tip: Rinse out all food from dishes first. If it involves using a spoon to scrape out the food, do it. After the dishes appear clean (no food scraps) soap it up with the sponge. Let the sponge sit alone after its work is done, but not in a bowl of soapy water.

Tune in tomorrow for another meal and why you shouldn't put non-microwavable dishes in the microwave.

1 comment:

  1. Great addition! Beautifully written! Sorry to hear you got soaked. Thanks for the sponge tip, I'll make sure I'll use it. And don't worry about the juice, I bet someone will come along and swiftly opening in exchange for the contents inside. I wait patiently of the weekend.
    ps. you have a typo in paragraph 2

    ReplyDelete