Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today's food topic is on dinner get-togethers and ramen noodle soup.

As we all know, ramen noodles is the cheapest meal, popular on campus nationwide. It doesn't suffice on its own as a nutritionally balanced meal, but you can add some peas and/or fresh cut vegetables. Experiment with what tastes good to you and try to balance off the meal. This is good for a quick lunch.
At dinner, I had a couple of friends over. In cooking for three people I was still able to make a meal in a little less than 30 min. The great thing was that they got involved and contributed ideas for my future dinners. I was cooking rice, simple and quick, with a neat little pack of microwavable chicken broccoli that I picked up at the supermarket to go on the side. My friend chopped up some carrots and sweet peppers and threw it in the pot of rice. The end result was friends enjoying a nutritionally balanced meal that tasted good and was filling.


Did you ever wonder one day about what would really happen if you microwaved some food in a non-microwavable dish? Its advised against, but surely, it can't be that bad. I had this feeling one day and I decided to test the logic of the label on the bottom of a plate. There was a plate with a gold trim that was supposedly non-microwavable; it seemed alright to me. So I heated something on it.
So.... don't use non-microwavable dishes in the microwave unless you want smoke filling your kitchen and some scorched dishes but not necessarily cooked food.

1 comment:

  1. BRAVO BRAVO!!!!! Another wonderful addition to the series.

    ReplyDelete