Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today was one of those 'you're sinning if you stay indoors, the weather's too beautiful' type days. After my first class I stopped by home to make a 10 min. sandwich (including prep and packing up time) and headed back outside.

I ate my sliced turkey breast sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and mayo on a lawn on campus.

For dinner I put some ravioli in a pot to boil and made some of my beloved lean turkey meat balls to go with it. Yes, I was in the mood for turkey again today. I also heated up some of my mom's calaloo that she sent. If you don't have mom's calaloo you can prepare some vegetables for the meal.

I really wanted to add some pasta sauce to the ravioli but I discovered that my jar of sauce was starting to grow some moldy stuff on the inner rim. Ick! My mom kept trying to send me pasta sauce that I refused to take because I don't cook with it too often. Little did I know that the jar of pasta sauce that I did have was spoiling away in the fridge. It had only been a few weeks!

So please, watch your food supply not only to prevent it from running low, but to make sure things don't stay too long. Especially things that you wouldn't expect to spoil easily like pasta sauce. Check it now and then.

With the sentiments of one who took time off today to sit by a lake, Peace.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so peaceful. I really like your meal chooses but don't spend to but time eating turkey or you'll might turn in to one! Ho Ho Ho Ho,(grabing belly) my grandfather joke of the day. I'll now look deeper in spoilage in my kitchen. I love sitting my a lake on a great day, so much fond memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete